Monday 6 November 2017

The Corners of the World: Eiffel Tower [Part 4]

Greetings,
Welcome to the fourth part of the Eiffel Tower of Paris of my series, The Corners of the World.
I didn't do much today due to school and the tricky arc of the bottom part. 
3Ds Max objects are just a hollow shape with a thin "wall" so when I use Boolean, the arc part will be hollow and without a cover. It doesn't look great to me so I used whole day (That mean all my free time, not the"whole day".😜) to fix it using functions like:
~Cap (which turn out very geometric😐)
~Bridge (which patch the holes and making new holes again😂)
~Extrude (which do the whole thing in wrong directions.😐)
(I know no one use Extrude to patch holes but I'm out of choices!😂) 
Finally, I used planes and the Snap to Vertexes to patch the holes one by one. 
(which is very very very time wasting.😂)
The resulting patches, although not even in size, but still fine.
I'll do adjustments if the not-even-size patches got into trouble when modeling the project.

I just simply copy and paste and the resulting shape to form the bottom part.
(I don't want to do the steps all over again for three more times!😧)

So, that's all for the bottom and it took 4 parts to complete.
(Which is quite good for a newbie😏)
{💤Going to sleep now or else I can't get up tomorrow.😂}

No comments:

Post a Comment